[talk-ch] Import OpenAdresses
Stéphane Brunner
2010-03-12 10:47:07 UTC
Hello,

Je viens de finir d'importer les adresse depuis OpenAdresses sur la
suisse romande.

Sur Lausanne je pr?voie de corriger les gros b?timents pour qu'il
ressemble a ceci : http://osm.org/go/0CSOa719n-- (s?paration entre les
b?timents).

J'ai ?galement fais une petite liste de ce qu'il reste a faire sur
Lausanne :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lausanne#Avancement_de_la_ville

Si vous voyer d'autre chose n'h?ritez pas a les ajouter.

CU
St?phane
--
St?phane Brunner
Messagerie instantan?e (Jabber - XMPP) : stephane.brunner at jabber.fr
--
Si un jour on te reproche que ton travail n'est pas un travail de
professionnel, dis toi que : Des amateurs ont construit l'arche de No?,
Hi St?phane,
Post by Stéphane Brunner
Je viens de finir d'importer les adresse depuis OpenAdresses sur la
suisse romande.
I still belive that any import from OpenAddresses is *not* according
to the rules of OpenStreetMap, as it is just derived from Google Maps.

I know OpenAddresses gives you the right to do with their data (more
or less) whatever you want, but I'm not convinced that they really
asked Google about that.

I tried to sing up to their webforum to ask this question, but the
forum seams dead; my account was never activated.

Regards,
Thomas
Philipp Meier
2010-03-12 20:25:04 UTC
St?phane
Post by osm
Post by Stéphane Brunner
Je viens de finir d'importer les adresse depuis OpenAdresses sur la
suisse romande.
Tres bien. Seulement la suisse romande? SO and ZG got a good set of data ;-)
Post by osm
I still belive that any import from OpenAddresses is *not* according
to the rules of OpenStreetMap, as it is just derived from Google Maps.
Yes, some are, but now the data belongs to openadresses. If they say they can give it for free, in my opinon they are responsible for that.

Anyway not all of the data is derived from google. And WE did not derive it from google.
Post by osm
I tried to sing up to their webforum to ask this question, but the
forum seams dead; my account was never activated.
Did you try also: info (at) openaddresses.ch ?

Cheers,
Philipp
--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment f?r nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02
datendelphin
2010-03-12 20:34:44 UTC
The data in Zug was "sponsored" by Zug as far as I know. I would like to
contact Zug anyways (for the list of roads as well as those adresses) so
I would ask the community to wait to import the data in Zug for a while.
This way there should be less loose ends.
(I doubt that we can avoid any of the problems by blaming openAdresses.
That's not how copyright works.)

Greetings
Datendelphin
Post by Stéphane Brunner
St?phane
Philipp
Sarah Hoffmann
2010-03-12 22:29:15 UTC
Post by Stéphane Brunner
St?phane
Post by osm
I still belive that any import from OpenAddresses is *not* according
to the rules of OpenStreetMap, as it is just derived from Google Maps.
Yes, some are, but now the data belongs to openadresses. If they say they can give it for free, in my opinon they are responsible for that.
Sounds to me, like it is very similar to GeoNames and there the consensus
is that it is not a valid source. Read more here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geonames

Sarah
Marc Schneider
2010-03-13 06:47:34 UTC
Post by Sarah Hoffmann
Sounds to me, like it is very similar to GeoNames and there the consensus
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geonames
Sarah
agree with you! the curcial information (geo location) is derived from
google aerial imagery / maps. I don't see how that is compatible with
our OSM license model.

the only thing we can do is check which data was "sponsored" (e.g. Zug
has been mentioned previously?) and contact those people directly in
order to receive the rights to import their (raw!) data into OSM. But
I'm clearly against a direct import of openaddress data, no matter where
it came from.

If a decision has been made we should set up a wiki page (like the
geonames one) and edit the pages listing openaddresses as a potential
data source.

Marc.
Stéphane Brunner
2010-03-18 07:27:52 UTC
Hello,

Sorry for long time to respond.

I understand your opinion about the licence, but in in Lausanne we have
an orthophoto than I put it on the building mapped on with the
orthophoto. Than I think thats OK.

But for the others places should I remove them ?

CU
St?phane
Messagerie instantan?e (Jabber - XMPP) : stephane.brunner at jabber.fr
--
Les geeks ont-ils une case en moins ? Non ils commencent juste ? compter
? partir de 0.
Hello St?phane,
Post by Stéphane Brunner
I understand your opinion about the licence, but in in Lausanne we have
an orthophoto than I put it on the building mapped on with the
orthophoto. Than I think thats OK.
But for the others places should I remove them ?
Yes, if it's derived from the Lausanneois Ortophoto, it should be
covered by their licence.

I just contacted OpenAddresses through e-mail to ask for their point
of view (e.g. if they have a contract with google). If they do not
respond or their view does not correspond with ours (i.e. they think
it's not a derivative work), I think we should delete that data.

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas Ineichen
2010-03-22 17:33:01 UTC

have look at http://www.openaddresses.org, there is a lot of change
happening. They revised their data and are working on an exchange
module for OSM. Hopefully we'll hear from them when they are ready.

Regards,
Thomas
Stéphane Brunner
2010-03-23 08:44:07 UTC
Hello,

Excellent, does anyone know where the orange dot com from ?
http://www.openaddresses.org/?northing=5862163.5113088&easting=740775.12755057&zoom=15&overlayOpacity=0.7

CU
St?phane
Hi,
Messagerie instantan?e (Jabber - XMPP) : stephane.brunner at jabber.fr
--
Annuaire de logiciel libre - http://framasoft.net
Hi!

It seems that the orange dots is from Bundesgeoportal/G?oportail f?d?ral:
http://map.geo.admin.ch/?layers=ch.bfs.gebaeude_wohnungs_register&bgLayer=pixelmaps-
gray

The data may be available as WMS as well (did not work for me), look at the
list of layers at
http://www.geo.admin.ch/internet/geoportal/de/home/services/geoservices/display_services/services_wms.html

However I'm in doubt that using these dots for creating OSM data is fine.

Regards,
Andreas
Post by Stéphane Brunner
Hello,
Excellent, does anyone know where the orange dot com from ?
http://www.openaddresses.org/?northing=5862163.5113088&easting=740775.12755
057&zoom=15&overlayOpacity=0.7
CU
St?phane
Hi,
Marc Monnerat
2010-03-28 22:49:13 UTC
Hoi,

WMS Dienst heisst http://wms.geo.admin.ch/? (also mit slash). Das Layer
heisst "ch.bfs.gebaeude_wohnungs_register" und ist erst ab Masstab ca
1:25'000 sichtbar.

Gruss

Marc
Hi!
Post by Stéphane Brunner
Hello,
Excellent, does anyone know where the orange dot com from ?
http://www.openaddresses.org/?northing=5862163.5113088&easting=740775.127
55 057&zoom=15&overlayOpacity=0.7
CU
St?phane
Hi,
Thomas Ineichen
2010-03-29 18:27:49 UTC
Hallo Marc,
Post by Marc Monnerat
WMS Dienst heisst http://wms.geo.admin.ch/? (also mit slash). Das Layer
heisst "ch.bfs.gebaeude_wohnungs_register" und ist erst ab Masstab ca
1:25'000 sichtbar.
The question rahter is: What's the licence for this server? Is it
really compliant to OA and/or OSM

Gruss,
Thomas
Simon Poole
2010-03-29 20:42:47 UTC
http://www.geo.admin.ch/internet/geoportal/de/home/services/data_services.html
http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/de/home/swisstopo/legal_bases/copyright.html

etc.

Mit anderen Worten: vergiss es.

Generell (jetzt mach ich mich sicher beliebt), finde ich, dass die Schweizer
OSM-Community doch ?berm?ssig naiv ist bez?glich der Nutzung solcher Daten.

Egal ob Beamter xy gesagt hat, dass irgendwelche Daten verwendet werden
k?nnen, f?r die dauerhafte Benutzung in OSM w?rde ich alles unter einer
Verf?gung des jeweilgen Amtes ignorieren. SOGIS k?nnte eventuell eine
Ausnahme sein, aber ohne tiefergehende Recherche w?rde ich auch dort ein
Fragezeichen machen. Sachen wie die AGIS Daten im Aargau und andere
pl?tzlich in grosser Zahl auftauchende Geb?ude (ohne Quellenangabe) gehen
schon gar nicht.

Simon

Thomas Ineichen
2010-03-29 21:50:59 UTC
Hallo Simon,
Post by Simon Poole
http://www.geo.admin.ch/internet/geoportal/de/home/services/data_services.html
http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/de/home/swisstopo/legal_bases/copyright.html
etc.
Mit anderen Worten: vergiss es.
Generell (jetzt mach ich mich sicher beliebt), finde ich, dass die Schweizer
OSM-Community doch ?berm?ssig naiv ist bez?glich der Nutzung solcher Daten.
Mir und vielen OSMern hier brauchst Du das nicht zu erkl?ren;
schliesslich war ich vorher gegen die Verwendung der Google-Adressen
und habe deshalb auch hier meine Zweifel erhoben. Ich habe selber
schon mit verschiedenen Stellen Kontakt gehabt und weiss, dass nur die
wenigsten Kantone etwas 'einfach so' hergeben.

Bei OA hingegen scheint mir einiges unklar zu sein - neben dem
schweizer Geb?udelayer benutzen sie z.B. auch den Aerowest-Layer
(Luftbilder f?r Dortmund), der explizit nur f?r OSM freigegeben
wurde..
Post by Simon Poole
Egal ob Beamter xy gesagt hat, dass irgendwelche Daten verwendet werden
k?nnen, f?r die dauerhafte Benutzung in OSM w?rde ich alles unter einer
Verf?gung des jeweilgen Amtes ignorieren. SOGIS k?nnte eventuell eine
Ausnahme sein, aber ohne tiefergehende Recherche w?rde ich auch dort ein
Fragezeichen machen. Sachen wie die AGIS Daten im Aargau und andere
pl?tzlich in grosser Zahl auftauchende Geb?ude (ohne Quellenangabe) gehen
schon gar nicht.
Auch wenn ich Dir gr?sstenteils Recht gebe: bei Solothurn kannst Du
beruhigt sein; dort kommt der Antrieb sogar vom Kanton selber! Der
Leiter des Amtes f?r Geoinformation (Horst D?ster) h?lt auch ?fters
Vortr?ge zu OpenGeoData, so z.B. an der letzten FOSSGIS-Konferenz oder
vor ein paar Tagen an der OpenExpo in Bern.

Gruss,
Thomas
Simon Poole
2010-03-30 06:05:38 UTC
Post by Thomas Ineichen
Auch wenn ich Dir gr?sstenteils Recht gebe: bei Solothurn kannst Du
beruhigt sein; dort kommt der Antrieb sogar vom Kanton selber! Der
Leiter des Amtes f?r Geoinformation (Horst D?ster) h?lt auch ?fters
Vortr?ge zu OpenGeoData, so z.B. an der letzten FOSSGIS-Konferenz oder
vor ein paar Tagen an der OpenExpo in Bern.
Meine Zweifel w?ren ja da auch nicht in der Intention des Amtes, sondern ob
die gesetzlichen Grundlagen ?berhaupt so sind, dass die SOGIS
Lizenzbedingungen rechtens sind und auch keinen anderen vertraglichen
Abmachungen (z.B. mit swisstopo) verletzt werden. Bei de

Egal, es ist schon ziemlich frustrierend, dass nicht wenigstens grundlegende
Daten die nur noch elektronisch vorliegen (und auch nicht per pedes oder
anders erforscht werden k?nnen) wie Gemeindegrenzen, freiverf?gbar sind.

Simon
Karl Guggisberg
2010-03-30 09:02:18 UTC
Hallo zusammen
Post by Simon Poole
auch keinen anderen vertraglichen Abmachungen (z.B. mit swisstopo)
verletzt werden. Bei de
Ich komme nicht aus dem Kanton Solothurn und kenne die dortige
Rechtslage nicht aus eigener Anschauung/Erfahrung, aber so wie ich ich
den Leiter des Amtes f?r Geoinformation an der letzten OpenExpo
verstanden habe, ist sie explizit auf die freie Verwendung von Geodaten
zugeschnitten, im Gegensatz zum Beispiel zur Situation auf Ebene Bund.
Man kenne von Seiten SOGIS eigentlich keine "Lizenzbedingungen", denn
man wolle sich nicht f?r eine Lizenz entscheiden. Die Daten seien "frei"
im Sinn von "ohne jegliche Lizenz, machen Sie damit was Sie wollen".
"frei" heisst jedoch in Solothurn nicht in jedem Fall "gratis".
Solothurn verrechnet im Einzelfall Kosten f?r die
Datenaufbereitung/Datenpublikation, was aber f?r OSM nicht relevant sein
d?rfte.

Im Fall von Solothurn w?rde ich mir keine Sorgen machen.

Viele Gr?sse
Karl
Simon Poole
2010-03-30 09:15:20 UTC
"Sorgen" mach ich mir so oder so nicht :-).

Wenn tats?chlich die Situation mit SOGIS so ist, dass die Daten ganz frei sind, dann ist das sicher gut, denn es gibt ja noch das
Problem 2. Ordnung, dass man sich auch an die sehr grossz?gigen SOGIS Lizenzbedingungen nicht h?lt (sicher nicht in b?ser Absicht),
schlussendlich nicht halten kann. Was mich zum Schluss kommen l?sst, dass eigentlich nur Daten an denen gar keine Bedingungen
gekn?pft sind, in OSM verwendet werden sollten.

Simon

Marc Monnerat
2010-03-29 21:03:37 UTC
Hallo Thomas,

OK, ich kl?re mal mit swisstopo und dem bfs ab. Wird etwas dauern...

Gruss

Marc
Post by Thomas Ineichen
Hallo Marc,